How to Submit an Essay - from October 2 until December 7 at 5:00 pm.
To Submit Your Essay: (essays without the assignment included will not be read)
1. Click the "Submit" button located above and to the right.
2. A "file upload" box will open. Click the "browse" button and upload your essay as a Word (.docx) or PDF (.pdf).
3. Click "Add Another File" and upload the instructor's assignment description for your essay.
NOTE: Please enter the course name and any particular questions you have for the tutor in the comments section. Asking particular questions helps the tutor focus on what you want.
- Examples of good questions:
- "I think my thesis is too broad. Do you have any suggestions for making it more specific?"
- "I have a hard time integrating quotations. Can you focus on quotations?"
- "Paragraph 4 is a mess. I'm not sure how to connect my supporting ideas to my thesis. Do you have any suggestions?
To Retrieve Your Tutor's Comments:
1. After submitting your essay, please check that your Canvas notifications are set to notify you when a grade is posted. This is how you will know that your essay has been reviewed and returned to your Canvas account by your tutor.
- You may revise and resubmit your essay up to 4 times for additional comments.
- You will be notified by Canvas when your submission has been reviewed. Our turnaround time is typically within 48 hours.
NOTE: Because Page One is closed on Saturdays, return times might take longer over the weekend.
WARNING: You must upload your instructor's actual assignment with your essay. If you do not upload the assignment prompt, your essay will be returned with instructions to resubmit when you have your instructor's assignment, too. (If the assignment prompt offers more than one option for the assignment, please indicate which assignment option you chose for your essay.)
Reviewing the Tutor Feedback
When you review the grade, you will see a check mark "✔️" or an "X." The check mark "✔️" means that the tutor's review is complete. An "X" means that your submission is incomplete (for example, you did not submit the instructor's assignment description or any questions/comments).
After reviewing the tutor's feedback, we encourage you to follow-up with a tutor in person or online by going to the Page One Canvas page. To meet online, simply click on "Meet with an Online Tutor" to discuss your assignment with a tutor.
- If you are new to Canvas, please click here for detailed instructions on finding the tutor’s feedback in the comment section and in-text annotation . The tutor will comment on Assignment, Focus, Organization, Support, and Proofreading.